[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4744: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4746: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4747: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4748: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
NTHUSIM • View topic - Nephilims Virtual Simulator..

Nephilims Virtual Simulator..

Document the build progress for your screen or computer setup.

Postby BHawthorne » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:20 pm

Glad to help. Nthusim started out as a dream of several flight sim enthusiasts, so I can definitely relate. :)

One weakness of my screen designs has always been screen material. I've yet to be truly satisfied with anything yet. I'm still looking for something rigid enough that it won't wrinkle, ripple, bunch or crease yet be thin enough I can simply roll up and put into a shipping tube if need be. I'm still on the hunt for material.

BTW, with all the new goodies showing up for DCS this new patch and the next I'm pretty excited about the new aircraft add-ons. Especially the F-86F. A lot of the instrumentation are the same as my F-84F, even the gun sight. I'm pondering just interfacing my F-84F to DCS: F-86F instead of Sim Skunk Works F-84F. DCS World is so much more than P3D or FSX can be for combat play. Sure there is TacPack, but I want to get away from FSX if I can for combat flight sims.
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:28 am

Well I just pulled the trigger on a new sheet of Komatex 4'x10'x3mm hopefully If what they say is correct I should get it buy This Monday..

I can hardly believe it was this easy, we shall see..
The_Nephilim

Postby The_Nephilim » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:53 am

WEll Today I finally finalized my Current Curved screen setup.. I woke up and the package had been delivered.. it was delivered by Company truck and in 2 pieces of cardboard..

It is in excellent condition and I have no complaints.. I ordered it on Sat night and received it today from Maryland.. It was a VERY GOOD Price..

I have no complaints with this company and will post some new pics and cideo later.. I am too excited and trying some of my games..
The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:20 am

Awesome, good to hear this time around it went ok. :)
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:35 am

The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:21 am

Looks like it's working good. Cool to see it up and running. :)

-Brad
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:50 pm

Well after some time with my setup functioning pretty good.. I must say WHY oh WHY did I not make a curved screen sooner.. ;)

I have been having a blast playing on the Simulator and having nThusim is good.. I do need to do some fine adjustments now and again but other then that is has been running pretty reliably..

My next step is to get a Buttkicker Simulation kit found here:

http://www.thebuttkicker.com/simulation-kit

I had the gamer but now and looking back at this with great interest.. just need to see where to mount it on my Modified Chair..
The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:15 pm

Expect Nthusim 4.0 soon. Ed is working on it right now. :)
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:51 pm

OK Brad will look forward to 4.0 ;)
The_Nephilim

Postby The_Nephilim » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:48 am

The_Nephilim

PreviousNext

Return to Project Build Logs