[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4744: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4746: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4747: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4748: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
NTHUSIM • View topic - Nephilims Virtual Simulator..

Nephilims Virtual Simulator..

Document the build progress for your screen or computer setup.

Postby The_Nephilim » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:46 am

Well I found a temporary solution. I put the 8' piece up in front of the 10' piec so at least know I have a half decent screen to look at and the 10' covers the ends.. I was having a lot of trouble navigating some games menus and ingame menus.. seems to be a half baked solution for know that will work until I get my permanent piece..

I also found a new source for the Komatex and I emailed them and hopefully I will here back from them in a day or so.. IF the tri-dee does not come through this time I am going to request a refund and source it from another place..
The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:30 am

Is Komatex and Sintra the same thing? I see them mentioned a lot in relation to each other the last few days of looking around the web. Found one place that has Komatex in 144x60, but is in black. One would assume if they can get it in black they can get it in white or neutral gray.
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:52 pm

yes Komatex is the equivalent to Sintra.. Well good thing is these sheets of PVC can be painted.. I would opt for a thicker piece.. I went with 1mm and it seems a little flimsy.. Perhaps I should have went with my original design and gotten 3mm
The_Nephilim

Postby The_Nephilim » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:17 am

The_Nephilim

Postby The_Nephilim » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:19 am

The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:47 am

Yep, enabling edge blending is really a big help. It turns it into a single very wide uniform visual experience. :)
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:36 pm

The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:20 pm

There are two different methods of configuration, edge blending and edge butting. You initially had it setup with edge butting. Before edge blending was added in 2010 we had to use the edge butting method. In some of my older setups you can see where the projectors were butting. Those are all 2010 and older photos though. I wouldn't say it's an incorrect configuration, it's just a different alignment method. I can set up an edge butting setup a bit faster than edge blending, but it's a lot easier to see when it's knocked out of calibration.
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:11 am

No I mean the Edge Blending I did was setup Incorrectly.. I know that the edge butting was just a different way to do it but I aligned the edge blend wrong which was the misconfiguration..
The_Nephilim

Postby The_Nephilim » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:03 am

Well yet another setback. Tri-Dee is having issues with the Facility that shipped the Komatex, they are saying FedEx Repackaged it and that they would not have shipped it the way I received it..

Well either way I requested a refund and he said they will refund my money. I am currently looking for another source.. One place I tried said they do not ship to residential places..

I found another company I will try and see If they can get me a piece 4'x10'.. which is seemingly a difficult thing for some odd reason mainly because they don't stock it I guess??

Well at least I have a temporary screen which is working ok.. It is definitely better then not having a screen at all.. I was wondering Brad, if you have any ideas on some material for a screen?? I will continue searching and enjoy the system the way it is..

TESO has been a balst and DCSW is really cool I feel like I have a full blown Military simulator after all these years.. One thing I always wanted to do and now can..

Thnx again Brad!!!
The_Nephilim

PreviousNext

Return to Project Build Logs