[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4744: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4746: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4747: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4748: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3870)
NTHUSIM • View topic - Nephilims Virtual Simulator..

Nephilims Virtual Simulator..

Document the build progress for your screen or computer setup.

Postby The_Nephilim » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:49 pm

well that is the thing Acer ONLY offers Support or even to talk with them Only if you still are under warranty so they are going to be no help..

I can pay per call which is about 20bucks??

On a Side Note my Test with the Displayport to VGA Active converter worked in S3D.. I plugged in a SINGLE Proj. and ran the 3D TEst and voila it worked.. Now based on my last test with the 3 Proj. I was able to get it to recognize the 2 Proj. but for the 3rd (Displaport) it said I need to connect it to the Other GPU Displayport..

So I believe based on that if I use 2 770GTX's and use the 2 DVI-I plugs I will be able to use the Displaport on the 2nd Card and have 3D work.. I will need to confirm this somehow.. I just need to find a friend close by who has 2 770GTX's and I can bring my Proj. to his house and run my test..
The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:51 pm

Wow, that kind of customer service scares me away from Acer. They seriously charge for the calls?
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:16 am

The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:59 pm

The problem with those kind of services is they're typically tier 1 customer service. You'd probably know more than they do on the issue. They'd have to escalate the issue above them probably costing more. I don't like the concept of pay as you go customer service. It's something they manufactured, they should help you with it. I guess I just find that sort of thing really odd. I have to do customer service all the time. If someone purchased the original Sol7 Home Sim Edition in 2008 I still help them. It just seems like an alien thing to me that they don't back their own goods with customer serivce even out of warranty. I suppose that's the difference between hardware and software support though.
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:05 pm

Well it is a sad fact and if people keep their old hardware these companies do NOT sell newer merchandise and that hurts their bottom line..

IT seems like the life span of most electronics at max in near a year after that is seems like they force you to Upgrade to a newer device..

With this throw away and buy new metntality is really frustrating to the budget minded folks who can not afford a new smartphone every 3 months and so on...

I have the mentality if I buy it I would like to use if reliably for a number of years not 6 months then toss it and get new.. I just do not like keeping up with the joneses..

I am looking to buy another used Projector from ebay as I can NOT find Parts for this Broken PRojector that all it needs is a new Mainboard and voila it would be like new.. really a shame you need to be in the field to even get parts for these electronic devices..

Now I will have to recycle this old Projector and get another one.. At least I can reuse the bulb.. Most times when you buy a used projector they Claim LOW hours but in reality that is Almost never the case..
The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:13 pm

I'd keep it for parts in case anything happens to any of the others. With my GT720 it isn't so bad. I can find parts for them on ebay.
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:15 pm

Yes I will keep it for parts.. I pulled the trigger last night on another X1261P and it should be here in a few days.. Cant wait till I am tripleScreening again..
The_Nephilim

Postby The_Nephilim » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:22 pm

Well I received my Proj. the other day.. Turns out it was in better shape then my other 2.. I did notice on my center monitor looked Fuzzy compared to the new Proj.

Well curiosity got the best of me and I turned off the proj. to get a look into the lens' and turns out I seen some dirt, dsut on either the inner lens more like a prizm or the DMD chip..

Well I took to my Parts Projector to tear into it incase I break something no need to worry and get an idea how to better take it apart and clean it.. Well I seen the DMD Chip and there was a Prism looking lens in there which could be the source. I have some lens cleaner so I went ahead and tried it on the lens and DMD Chip looks to have cleaned it well..

When I took apart the Heatsink from the DMD Chip I noticed it uses some Fujipoly TIM so I had to order a small piece and will wait until I get the Fujipoly from FrozenCPU.com and perform the operation.. I have the Service manual so I have a source of what to do to break it down..

It really is not too hard just a bunch of small screws that can be easily lost HeHe!! I will take my time and do it right I do not wan to have too do the repair Hastily and screw the pooch.. I will take my time and be very carefull..

Hopefully that clears up the Fuzzies I have with my Center monitor..
The_Nephilim

Postby BHawthorne » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:50 am

I think I need to do the same with my GT720's. They've got dust in the lenses and you just can't get the picture as sharp as it used to be. I'm going on 4 years with them so far though, so I sort of expect a bit of picture degradation over time. I've cracked one of them open awhile back, so I'm not too afraid to tinker a bit with them. I just need to get motivated and clean all three of them.
BHawthorne

Postby The_Nephilim » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:29 pm

Well scratch another Projector.. I should of left well enough alone but I didn't and I broke 1 projector.. I believe I did not screw down the DMD chip it had a retainer screw to hold in place I neglected to tighten and when I goto start it up nothing.. I get 2 Blues and a red..

Well I was going to build my screen next month looks like I'll be getting another Proj. instead.. All the luck!! :(
The_Nephilim

PreviousNext

Return to Project Build Logs